Find us on Facebook!

 

Fire Calls

Posted on 24th November 2010 at 08:59

Fire crews have been busy overnight, responding to a number of calls. A double-wide mobile home at 312 Olson Road received significant damage when a fire that started in a garage spread to the house. Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue was called out at about 11:20 pm, when the family living in the house called 911. They say that the fire was started by a heater in a carport, and spread to the house after the carport collapsed. Two adults and one child evacuated safely, but they reported that a number of animals were still in the home. A firefighter suffered a knee injury at this scene, and was taken to Saint John Medical Center for treatment. Fire officials say that the home was fully involved in flames when they arrived at 11:28. The Red Cross was called in to assist the family. Total damage done is estimated at about $97,000.

Woodland Firefighters were called out just before midnight, when it was reported that 74 year-old woman had suffered burns when her oxygen hose caught fire. This was reported at an apartment in the 1300 block of Woodside Street in Woodland. Those on the scene reported that the woman had suffered burns to her mouth and nose, and also suffered smoke inhalation. LifeFlight was put on standby, while the woman was put on a portable oxygen supply. Her condition hasn’t been updated yet this morning.

Longview Fire got a call just after 4 am today, when a fire was reported in the kitchen of a home at 1060 19th Avenue. The people living in the home reported that the fire had been started by a heater; they took the heater outside and evacuated the house. Those on the scene reported that they’d initially been able to get the fire out on their own, but they said that it kept rekindling. There’s no word yet on total damage done in that fire. No injuries have been reported.