Find us on Facebook!

 

Fire Death Investigation

Posted on 30th September 2016 at 08:58

The September 16th fire that resulted in the death of Robert Earl Sieglitz, 45, of Kelso is now being ruled as “accidental.” Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue announced the results of its investigation into the fire at 2410 Burcham Street, saying that the fire was started by “poorly discarded smoking materials.” They say that the fire started in some bedding materials in a downstairs bedroom, causing the smoky fire that led to the death of Sieglitz, while also destroying the home. Fire officials say that this is a prime example of the need to be careful when smoking, and to properly dispose of cigarette butts and other smoking materials.