Find us on Facebook!

 

Germany Creek Fire

Posted on 31st October 2016 at 05:46

They’re still working to figure out what caused a fire that destroyed a shop and its contents early yesterday morning out on Germany Creek Road. Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue reports being called out at 3:35 yesterday morning, when a blaze was reported in the 2300 block of Germany Creek. Initial 911 calls reported that a large propane tank had vented; they also say that a nearby metal shop was on fire. When firefighters arrived, they found the building engulfed in flames. No one was inside at the time of the fire, and the 20-foot-by-20-foot building and its contents were a total loss; there’s no dollar estimate on the loss. The Sheriff’s Office and the Cowlitz PUD also responded to this incident.