Find us on Facebook!

 

Holcomb Fire

Posted on 28th July 2011 at 07:35

Embers from a fireplace are getting the blame for starting a fire that did some significant damage to a home in the 1600 block of Holcomb Road yesterday morning, also sending the home’s owner to the hospital with smoke inhalation. Crews from Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue were called to 1646 Holcomb Road at about 11:30 am; when fire crews arrived, they found the homeowner on the roof, trying to use fire extinguishers to get the fire out. The homeowner came down off the roof and firefighters took over, getting the fire out in less than five minutes, with an area of about 20 square feet burned. There was also smoke and water damage inside the house. The homeowner was taken to St. John Medical Center for treatment; he reports that the loss is not insured.