Find us on Facebook!

 

North Maple Fire

Posted on 29th November 2010 at 08:51

A faulty chimney is being blamed for a second fire in Kelso on Saturday morning. At 5:35 am, Cowlitz 2 was called out to 175 North Maple, when the residents of the home reported that smoke was coming from the wall of the house. The family evacuated, but the father and one of the sons did re-enter the house, trying to spray water on the chimney to keep the fire contained. Firefighters arrived and found that the fire had spread from the chimney, going into the floor and wall next to that structure. Total damage is estimated at $30,000. Longview Fire assisted with the overhaul of the scene. Again, no injuries were reported.