Find us on Facebook!

 

Smoky Jack

Posted on 19th June 2013 at 16:23

An alert Daily News delivery person is being credited for possibly saving the new Jack in the Box restaurant from serious damage. Just after 2 am this morning, the newspaper employee noticed a smoky haze inside the restaurant on Minor Road in Kelso. Cowlitz 2 was dispatched and assessed the situation, opting not to break into the building, but instead to try and contact the manager. After repeated attempts, an assistant manager showed up to let the firefighters in. Cooking equipment had been left on and the heat had caused some grease to heat up, causing the smoky haze. There wa no serious damage and no injuries.