Find us on Facebook!

 

W. Kelso Fire

Posted on 29th November 2013 at 16:52

An electric blanket is listed as the probable cause of a fire that damaged a home in West Kelso, also sending its occupant to St. John Medical Center with smoke inhalation. Around 8:15 am, crews from Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue were called to 305 Northwest 5th, when smoke and flames were seen coming from the house. The fire was put out within about five minutes, but the 62 year-old woman living in the house did suffer smoke inhalation during the incident. She was transported to St. John for treatment; the Red Cross is also assisting the woman with temporary shelter and other resources. No other injuries were reported. The fire did an estimated $15,000 in damage.